“User” means the viewer or user of this website.
“Attacq” means the owner of the website, Attacq Limited, registration number is 1997/000543/06, registered in the Republic of South Africa and whose registered office is ATT House, Second Floor, Maxwell Office Park, 37 Magwa Crescent, Waterfall, 2090.
Attacq is committed to ensuring that the User’s privacy is protected. Should Attacq ask the User to provide certain information by which the User can be identified when using this website, such information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Attacq may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. The User should check this page from time to time to ensure that they are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 September 2020.
What we collect
Attacq may collect the following information:
- Name, company and job title
- contact information, including email address
- demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
Attacq requires this information to understand the User’s needs and provide the User with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Improvement of Attacq’s products and services.
- Attacq may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which it thinks the User may find interesting using the email address which the User has provided.
- From time to time, Attacq may also use the User’s information to contact the User for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use such information to customise the website according to your interests.
Attacq is committed to ensuring that the User’s information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Attacq has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on the User’s computer’s hard drive. Once the User agrees, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets the User know when the User visits a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to the User as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to the User’s needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about the User’s preferences.
Attacq uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps it to analyse data about webpage traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Attacq only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help to provide the User with a better website, by enabling it to monitor which pages the User finds useful and which not. A cookie in no way gives Attacq access to the User’s computer or any information about the User, other than the data the User chooses to share.
The User can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the User can usually modify the browser setting to decline cookies if preferred. This may prevent the User from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Control of the User’s personal information
The User may choose to restrict the collection or use of their personal information in the following ways:
- whenever the User is asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that the User can click to indicate that the User does not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if the User has previously agreed to Attacq using personal information for direct marketing purposes, the User may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing Attacq at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attacq will not sell, distribute or lease a User’s personal information to third parties without the User’s permission or Attacq is required by law to do so. Attacq may use the User’s personal information to send the User promotional information about third parties which Attacq thinks the User may find interesting, only if the User consents to this.
The User may request details of personal information which Attacq holds about the User under the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013. A small fee may be payable. If the User would like a copy of the information held about the User, the User should write to email@example.com.
If the User believes that any information Attacq holds on the User is incorrect or incomplete, the User must write to or email as soon as possible, at the above addresses. Attacq will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
For information on COVID-19 in South Africa, please visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za