“User” means the viewer or user of our Platforms.
“Platforms” means all our websites, mobile sites, social media platforms or any other technology or mechanism you may use to interact with us.
“Attacq” means the owner of the website, Attacq Limited, registration number is 1997/000543/06, registered in the Republic of South Africa and whose registered office is ATT House, Second Floor, Maxwell Office Park, 37 Magwa Crescent, Waterfall, 2090.
What we collect
Attacq may collect the following information:
Information you give us
This includes any information that provide to us directly:
- when you utilise our services;
- by filling in forms on our Platforms, or those provided to you;
- when you contact us, or we contact you and you provide information directly to us.
What personal information we collect
When you use our services, you will be required to provide us with the following information, your:
- name and surname
- company and job title
- contact information, including email address, physical address
- basic demographic information, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- identity or passport number; and
- date of birth.
Information from third-party sources
- We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine that with the information we have collected or received about you through other forms of communication.
What we do with the information we gather
Attacq requires this information to understand the User’s needs and provide the User with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to communicate with User’s;
- internal record keeping;
- to provide you with services and product, or to fulfil our obligations toward you;
- improvement of our Platforms, products, and services;
- Attacq may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which it thinks the User may find interesting using the email address which the User has provided;
- from time to time, Attacq may also use the User’s information to contact the User for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use such information to customise the website according to your interests;
Attacq is committed to ensuring that the User’s information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Attacq has put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on the User’s computer’s hard drive. Once the User agrees, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets the User know when the User visits a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to the User as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to the User’s needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about the User’s preferences.
Attacq uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps it to analyse data about webpage traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. Attacq only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help to provide the User with a better website, by enabling it to monitor which pages the User finds useful and which not. A cookie in no way gives Attacq access to the User’s computer or any information about the User, other than the data the User chooses to share.
The User can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but the User can usually modify the browser setting to decline cookies if preferred. This may prevent the User from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
How we share the information of the User
Attacq will not sell or lease a User’s personal information to third parties without the User’s permission.
Attacq may share User’s information with:
- Attacq’s affiliates, in other words, other companies in the Attacq group;
- other parties in response to legal process, laws, or when necessary to conduct or protect our legal rights;
- other parties in connection with certain business transactions (in the event that we restructure or sell any of our businesses or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets or other transacting party);
- companies that provide services to us (companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us or you);
Retention of data
- We may retain other data for internal analysis purposes.
Transfer of data
- Attacq is based in and operates from South Africa. Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to, and maintained on servers located outside of your country, where the data privacy laws, regulations and standards, may not be equivalent to the laws in South Africa.
- We might transfer your personal information to places outside of South Africa and store it there, where our suppliers might process it. If that happens, we require our suppliers to apply the same standards as when we process your information in South Africa.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by using any of the various “opt-out” options that we will always provide to you when we communicate with you. We will not send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you service-related messages.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (“PAIA”). Fees to obtain a copy or a description of personal information held about you are prescribed in terms of PAIA. Confirmation of whether or not we hold personal information about you may be requested free of charge. If you would like to obtain a copy of your personal information held by Attacq, please contact our information officer as listed below.
You may request the correction of personal information that Attacq holds about you. You also have a right in certain circumstances to request the destruction or deletion. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact our information officer as listed below.
You have a right to object on reasonable grounds to the processing of your personal information where the processing is carried out in order to protect our legitimate interests or your legitimate interests unless the law provides for such processing. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact our information officer as listed below.
We have appointed an Information Officer to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the Information Officer. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Regulator of South Africa.
Jackie van Niekerk
Tel: +27 10 549 1050
Information Regulator of South Africa
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 3351
For information on COVID-19 in South Africa, please visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za